How To Install Your Credit Card Processing Machine
Apr 20, 2017
So, you have created your merchant account, and your equipment has arrived. Your point of sale systems are already in place and working properly. Now, all that is left is to setup your wireless credit
point of sale systems are already in place and working properly. Now, all that is left is to setup your wireless credit card processing machine. Your equipment should have come with instructions on the proper way to setup your particular system. However, on the off chance that you misplaced or never received those instructions, here is a basic how-to overview to help you install most credit card readers.
Credit Card Reader Installation
- If your reader is wireless, establish a secure connection to your network and follow the prompts. If your reader is not wireless, use a reliable phone line for the system, such as fax line or a dedicated phone line.
- Power on the device and link it up to your POS system (or directly connect it, if it is not wireless). Make sure that it is in a safe, yet easily accessible location for quick and easy use.
- Contact Merchant Account Solutions and have us start the process of synchronizing your equipment to your account. Make sure you have serial numbers and identification numbers on-hand, just in case we are unable to remotely access that information.
- While the systems are being linked to your account, flip the device over and insert the thermal paper roll into the device.
- Double check to make sure the paper is inserted properly and perform a test print if your model allows for this. If not, advance or feed the paper automatically through the system to ensure it is not jammed and is working properly.
- Perform a test transition using a personal or business linked card. Do a small transaction; typically, a single dollar will do. If you run across any errors, contact us immediately, and we will help troubleshoot your reader. If we cannot fix the error, we will send you a replacement reader.